At Martha’s Table, our work centers around one central belief—that every child deserves the opportunity for their brightest future, and a deeply engaged family and community committed to their success. For over 37years, we have worked to support stronger children, stronger families, and stronger communities by increasing access to quality education programs, healthy food, and family supports. Martha’s Table is seeking an Assistant Director of Marketing & Communications to work in partnership with senior leadership and across the organization to craft, share, deliver, and drive messaging and communications of the Martha’s Table vision, mission, and programming.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- In partnership with leadership (CEO, CERO, Development staff, and program leadership), share the joy and needs of our programming, mission with donors and our extended community through the development of a wide range of materials including: newsletters, direct mail, digital campaigns, website, talking points, marketing collateral and social media.
- Collaborate with CEO and CERO to develop and execute messaging and communications strategies that will deepen impact and support Martha’s Table’s growth.
- Track and share relevant happenings across the country that relate to the success of our mission, and be prepared to shape and share messages on an hourly, daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly basis.
- Work with a wide range of media players to ensure appropriate coverage of Martha’s Table’s efforts.
- Work with program leadership to keep critical partners, including parents, volunteers and critical community members, close via clear communications.
- Provide backup support to the CERO and other senior leadership in representing the organization in a wide range of forums and efforts.
- Responsible for the design and maintenance of the website, mobile, and all forms of social media messaging.
- Exercise expert communication skills including written, visual, and oral.
- Work with all internal stakeholders to support consistent messaging and branding across the organization.
- Lead organization’s marketing strategy and implementation.
- Supervise and mentor the Manager of Marketing and Online Engagement and Stakeholder Engagement Fellow.
- Demonstrate strong managerial skills –to manage and develop internal staff (Marketing and Communications staff, fellows, interns) as well as a range of external vendors and pro bono partners who are essential to the work.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Communications or related field. Master’s degree preferred
Knowledge & Skills:
- Minimum of five years’ related experience, demonstrating success working independently with minimal oversight.
- Highly collaborative style; experience developing and implementing communications strategies.
- Expert writing, editing and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in writing for development/fundraising campaigns preferred.
- A strong track record as an implementer with high standards who thrives on managing a variety of key initiatives concurrently.
- High energy, maturity, and leadership with the ability to serve as a unifying force and to position communications discussions at both the strategic and tactical levels
- Relationship builder with the flexibility and finesse to "manage by influence"
- Demonstrated excellence as both team leader and team member.
- Experience in developing direct mail campaigns preferred.
- Experience in developing and implementing digital marketing campaigns preferred.
- Sincere commitment to work collaboratively with all constituent groups, including staff, board members, volunteers, donors, program participants, and other supporters
- Self-starter, able to work independently, and enjoys creating and implementing new initiatives
- Passionate belief in equity, opportunity, and Martha’s Table’s mission.
- Commitment to maintaining high levels of respect, dignity, and integrity and a “roll up your sleeves” attitude.
- Ability and desire to thrive in a fast paced and fast changing environment.
- Submit a cover letter, resume, and two writing samples as one pdf document.